Other Resources and Links:
Maryland State Government:http://www.maryland.gov
- Department of Budget and Management helps the Governor, State agencies, and their employees provide effective, efficient, and fiscally sound government to the citizens of Maryland.
- Maryland Department of Disabilities oversees the restructuring, reorganization of government delivery of services & programs for people with disabilities in Maryland through collaboration with all state government agencies.
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene protects, promotes and improves the health and well-being of all Maryland citizens in a fiscally responsible way.
- Department of Human Resources assists people in economic need, provide prevention services, and protect vulnerable children and adults
- Department of Juvenile Services seeks to ensure the public safety and protection of the community, to hold juvenile offenders accountable to victims and communities, and to develop youth competency and character to assist them in becoming responsible and productive members of society.
- Department of Education provides leadership, support, and accountability for effective systems of public education, library services, and rehabilitation services.
- Maryland Gang Awareness focuses primarily on youth gangs that fall within two categories: local neighborhood gangs, and locally operated gangs with national gang affiliation.
- Maryland’s comprehensive website concerning sex offenders.
- University of Maryland School of Medicine Innovations Institute.
- American Youth Policy Forum provides learning opportunities for policymakers, practitioners, and researchers working on youth and education issues at the national, state, and local levels.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation helps build better futures for millions of disadvantaged children who are at risk of poor educational, economic, social, and health outcomes.
- Chapin Hall is a research and development center that brings the highest standards of scholarship and the intellectual resources of one of the world’s great research universities to the real-world challenges of policymakers and service providers struggling to ensure that children grow, thrive, and take their place in a formidable world.
- The Forum for Youth Investment provides youth and adult leaders with the information, technical assistance, training, network support and partnership opportunities needed to increase the quality and quantity of youth investment and youth involvement.
- The Urban Institute analyzes policies, evaluate programs, and inform community development to improve social, civic, and economic well-being.
Other Resource Links:
- Maryland Transitioning Youth Website for families and youth with disabilities. Information and resources for transition planning, postsecondary education, employment services and much more.